Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mini Book Review: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking GlassAlice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This will be a short review...I wish I had more to say about this book in particular but words seem to be dry at the moment.
I hate to be a negative nancy when I say that I expected more from this book. It has been given rave reviews and it's adaptions have been insulted to no end. I love both of the Disney adaptions and I love literature so I expected to like this book in the way one loves a fancy restaurant meal. Chili's is awesome in its own way, but a fancy cruise ship meal is a delicacy, as is literature. But I was more annoyed by Alice's adventures than invested.
That isn't to say the writing was poor and the depth was lacking. The book had quite a lot to say and should be studied and discussed forever and ever. But it wasn't my cup of tea.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment